Executive director Ad
The Assembly of Muslim Jurists of America (AMJA) is seeking an individual with vision, energy, and skills to lead and sustain a dynamic non-profit organization.
AMJA is a tax exempt organization comprising of a group of Muslim scholars, seeking to manifest and clarify the rulings of Shar’iah concerning issues affecting Muslims in US. AMJA headquarters is Sacramento, California. More info can be found on website www.amjaonline.org
The Executive Director position leads AMJA professional staff and is responsible for the leadership and administration of the organization including advocacy and outreach, publications, fatwa services, and financial and administrative services.
- Proven ability and education in management, preferably in non-profit.
- Excellent goal planning, budgeting, and management skills.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising, marketing, and public relations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Arabic and English.
I. Staff management
- Supervise all AMJA staff members in and outside the US.
- Ensure adherence to working hours
- Ensure delivering of assigned tasks to all staff members.
- Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality
- personnel, both paid and volunteers.
- Recruit, train, appraise, supervise, support, develop, promote and guide qualified personnel, both paid and volunteer.
- Design, support and oversee cross-functional teams throughout the Organization.
Ensure that the following is being implemented in AMJA’s website
- Follow up on content enhancement (Continuous enhancement of the user interface and ongoing bug fixes.)
- Ensure the site is mirrored in both English and Arabic languages.
- Monitor traffic for the site and develop means to improve the statistics and usage of the website.
- Website forums management.
- Create and manage the e-commerce strategy for the website (Building and operating the online web store)
- Quality Control for the contents. Review website contents periodically and provide feedback to the web master.
III. Fatwa Management
Coordinate with the fatwa master on the following items:
- Reviewing the submitted questions through the website and forwarding to the appropriate parties for their response.
- Following up with the scholars to ensure a timely response for the questions submitted.
- Try to keep the fatwa cycle to a week. (fatwa cycle starts when the question is submitted and ends when the answer is posted online in the original language used to submit the question)
- Building and maintaining a follow-up system for all questions.
- Building a mechanism to prioritize the questions submitted by Imams. (these questions are given a higher priority)
- Producing frequent reports showing fatwa service statistics.
- Help identify vital topics for future publications
- Follow up with scholars/experts to write in these topics
- Following up on printing of all AMJA publications
V. AMJA Administration:
Work with AMJA BOD to accomplish the following
- Managing office logistics, arrangements, supplies, reporting, supervision.
- Work to support and promote AMJA activities by:
- Producing newsletters, flyers, posters, and brochures (Arabic & English).
- Producing power point presentations for AMJA Activities
- Establish communication with AMJA members and experts to:
- Collect feedback and ideas
- Schedule periodic meetings
- Communicate AMJA plans and direction
- Participate in preparation for AMJA Annual meeting
- Participate in the ongoing scheduled operations
- Man AMJA Fatwa line when requested
- Follow up on all translation services
- Ensure mirroring of all AMJA publications in both languages.
VII. Marketing/Communications/Public Relations:
Responsible for planning, development and implementation of all of the Organization’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal which may include but not limited to:
- A comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the Organization’s image and position within the marketplace and the general public, and facilitate internal and external communications.
- Act as the Organization’s representative with the media.
- Coordinate the appearance of all Organization print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
- Ensure that all AMJA publications are communicated to all key organizations, members, and subscribers.
- Create and enlarge AMJA subscribers database.
VIII. Annual Conference:
- Work with conference committee to:
- finalize conference topics
- finalize the invitee list
- manage the team assigned to execute the conference program.
IX. Imam Workshops
Plan and execute at least one Imam Workshop annually which may include but not limited to:
- Finalize topic in arrangement with secretary general
- Finalizing the trainee list
- Create a team to execute the workshop.
X. General workshops
Arrange workshops in different communities using AMJA scholars which may include but not limited to:
- Work with AMJA scholars to create tailored workshops to be selected by communities
- Advocate such workshops in different communities.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies for approaching and cultivating new sources of major support, including individual donors
- Develop and implement strategies for maintaining and augmenting support from current members and donors
- Oversee all fundraising efforts
XII. Legal status of AMJA
Ensure that AMJA has all the necessary legal paperwork to operate in the US. This includes but not limited to:
- 503c status
- Register with the charity department
- 990 Form
Compensation package is competitive and based on professional qualifications and experiences.
Send Resumes to: