Dr. Hatem was born in Cairo, Egypt and currently resides in the United States of America. He was granted his PhD in Comparative Fiqh from al-Jinan University, Tripoli, Lebanon and his Master’s Degree in Islamic law from the American Open University. He graduated top of his class with a summa cum laude grade. He is also a board certificated in Pediatrics by the American Board of Pediatrics. He has a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (M.B., CH.B.). He graduated with honors from Alexandria University Medical School, Alexandria, Egypt.
Dr. Hatem currently teaches Fiqh at Sharia Academy of America and an attending pediatrician at the Albert Lea Medical Center (Mayo Health System). He is a senior member of the Fatwa Committee of AMJA, Islamic Jurisprudence Council of Minnesota, North American Imam Federation (NAIF), and a fellow at the American Academy of Pediatrics. He founded the “Building Blocks of Islam” and is currently its president.
Some of the shaykh’s publications:
- Fiqh of Worship (Book, Published)
- Al-Basmalah (Article, published, IslamOnLine.net)
- Religious Institutions (Article, Published, IslamOnLine.net)
- Islam or Muhammadanism (Article, Published, IslamOnLine.net)
- Muhammad, Mercy for All. (Article)
- Why only Palestine. (Article)
- Women’s Role in Society. (Paper)